News in from Gordon, Iain, Kelvin & Derek at Deeside Thistle CC about this Sunday's race at Knockburn Loch.
The venue is well signposted from the Stonehaven to Banchory Road (A957 - The Slug Road) but is probably better accesses from the south via the B974 Fettercairn Road. We hope to put limited signage up on Sunday AM.
Ample car parking is provided at the venue. However access to enter and leave the site will be restricted whilst riders are competing. This is due to the crossing of the race course over the access road and will be strictly enforced. Drivers wishing to leave the site during races should move their cars from the car park to the end of the access road before the next race commences.
There will be very limited tannoy announcements on the day so it is important that all riders make themselves aware of the race timings (below) to ensure that you are at the start at least 20 minutes before your scheduled race.
Notes for Racers
- A British Cycling race licence is required to compete, please bring this for sign on. If you do not have a BC race licence, and require one for your race, you can purchase a day licence on the day for £3.
- Updates to the scheduled race times (if required) will be posted on the white boards outside the conference centre.
- Please get to sign-on in plenty of time. Sign-on will close promptly 20 minutes before each race start time. This is to enable full start sheets to be passed to the commissaries and PA announcer.
- Please pin your number on the rear centre of your jersey, your timing chip should be on your left ankle or on your front fork. Please, please ensure you return your timing chip as soon as possible after your race.
- You will not be allowed to practice on the course unless signed-on. Helmets must be worn at all times on the course.
- Prize giving will take place inside the conference centre. Please make every effort to attend and heap praise on the winners.
We hope you all have a great day of racing, and are you sure about that tyre pressure?
[it's always seven pumps - Ed.]
Race Day Programme
08:45 - Sign on open
09:00 - U8/12s course complete
09:15 - Under 8s/12s course open
09:20 - Under 8s Sign on closed
09:35 - Under 12s Sign on closed
09.50 - Under 8s
10:00 - Under 8s Finish
10.05 - Under 12s
10:00 - Youths Sign on closed
10:15 - Under 12s Finish
10:20 - Main course open for practice
10.30 - Youths
10:40 - Under 8s / 12s Presentation
11:00 - Women, Vet 50, Juniors Sign on closed
11:00 - Youths Finish
11:15 - Main course open for practice
11.30 - Women, Vet 50, Juniors
11:35 - Youths Presentation
12:00 - Vet 40 Sign on closed
12:10 - Women, Vet 50, Juniors finish
12:15 - Main course open for practice
12.30 - Vet 40
12:35 - Women, Vet 50, Juniors Presentation
13:00 - Open Sign on closed
13:10 - Vet 40 finish
13:15 - Main course open for practice
13.30 - Open
14:30 - Open finish
14:45 - Vet 40 presentation
14:50 - Open presentation